Camborne Pool Redruth East-West Link
Provision of improved highway infrastructure in the CPR area including a new ‘East West’ route, enabling a number of strategic development sites to be ‘unlocked’.
The Camborne Pool Redruth East-West Link project is designed to relieve traffic on the existing A3047, hence alleviating congestion, providing an improved environment for residents, and enabling economic growth.
The route will form a link from Dolcoath to Dudnance lane and from Dudnance to Wilson Way; the link is designed to provide relief to the East Hill junction which is a block to further development.
The programme of works consists of the following eight elements:
1) New roundabout at Wilson Way
2) New link from Station Road to Wilson Way ( 560m)
3) New signalised junction at Penhallick Road
4) New signalised junction at Heartlands Park
5) New link form Dudnance Lane to Dolcoath ( 1100m)
6) New bridge / viaduct across the Red River
7) River works and environmental mitigation measures
8) Pedestrian/cycling shared paths on both sides of the route
Completion of the Camborne Pool Redruth East-West Link project will eventually enable 7,660 new homes and 85,000m2 of workspace to be developed.
Keep up to date with developments on Cornwall Council's website: