Export Cornwall 2012-15
The successful Export Cornwall programme which puts high growth Cornish businesses on the international trade map will continue into a second phase.
A further £3.2 million pounds has been given to Export Cornwall, aiming to increase the number and scale of businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly trading internationally.
By the time the second part of this project ends, in 2015, 345 businesses will have been supported and 410 jobs created.
The original Export Cornwall supported over 300 Cornish businesses, both by attending specific workshops and with support from an International Trade Adviser.
Support for businesses is offered in the form of:
- Business Development Vouchers for Export Projects
- A team of International Trade Advisers providing practical and expert advice including sector and region specialists and full access to the national UK Trade and Investment service.
- Training, workshops and events catering for all levels of expertise, from complete export newcomers to experienced global operators.
- 1 to 1 Mentoring on a range of subjects from export strategy to international digital marketing techniques with Export Cornwall’s mentors
- Access to an unique online learning tool ‘Export Savvy’ which provides practical advice on a range of export subjects in bite-size, easy to access modules.
- Membership to our Export Cornwall Network opening up access to Cornwall’s export business community.
One company to benefit from that project was Falmouth-based Research Instruments, a well-established business specialising in IVF.
Since using the Overseas Market Introduction Service, which provides in-depth market research through the UKTI teams based in Embassies worldwide, Research Instruments has appointed distributors in Israel, South Korea, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam and is planning an expansion into Cuba.