Hayle Workspace Infrastructure
Convergence has invested in engineering works including a new road bridge, construction of a new road, flood protection works and repair of the harbour walls which were necessary to improve the harbour and provide access to a site for a Marine Renewables Business Park in Hayle, West Cornwall.
This project includes the following activities:
- Demolition and enabling works;
- A new bridge to replace the role of the existing railway bridge as a means of vehicular access to North Quay;
- A new road (suitable for adoption by the highways authorities), fully serviced, linking Hayle town to a proposed new business park. The road will also provide greatly enhanced access to North Quay opening up the whole area for further development;
- Utility diversions and future provision of services and utilities;
- New flood prevention walls and raising the land along the length of North Quay to provide long term flood protection in line with Environment Agency requirements;
- Repair and restoration of existing quay walls to North and East Quays;
- The Marine Renewables Energy Park will be levelled and secured;
- Creation of a promenade and an operational access route along the length of North Quay;
- In addition the project includes the site surveys and professional fees relating to the scheme design and the preparation of the Detailed Planning Application.