South West Manufacturing Advisory Service
Helping small and medium sized businesses improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance through hands-on advice and assistance is essential to the economy of Cornwall & the Isle of Scilly.
South West Manufacturing Advisory Service provide a range of manufacturing services specifically for small and medium sized enterprises.
- 'Lean thinking' – the elimination of waste and enhancement of productivity and customer value using best practice tools developed in the Japanese automotive industry.
- Modeling manufacturing processes to identify flow, waste and value
- 5S and 6 Sigma – workplace organisation, statistical analysis and improvement methodologies aimed at removing waste and variation in processes
- Team building – using manufacturing simulations and real-time demonstrations to highlight the benefits of team based continuous improvement.
- Improving layouts and space utilisation
- Reducing work in progress to release cash, shorten lead-times and release floor space
- Improving quality and delivery
- Helping businesses develop and introduce new products and processes using best practice techniques.