Truro East Park and Ride
Aims to deliver a modern, integrated transport system for Truro befitting its status as a regional business centre and laying the foundations for resilient economic growth.
This project is an element within the Truro Eastern District Centre, a £40m total package of investment in a mixed use development incorporating the Cornish Food Centre, residential development and a household waste recycling centre.
The ERDF project includes significant improvements to highways access infrastructure on the A390 and adjoining local network.
The following aspects of the scheme are included in the application for ERDF support:
- Construction of a new Park and Ride facility designed to achieve CEEQUAL Excellent;
- Design and construction of an integrated terminus hub building designed to achieve BREEAM Excellent;
- 1,379 parking spaces within a decked parking structure.
- Upgrading of the A390/A39 Union Hill Junction;
- Pedestrian and cycle access measures;
- Bus priority measures on the A39 Tregolls Road to improve journey time reliability to/from Truro city and beyond;
- New junctions to the site from A390 & A39 to intercept traffic heading into Truro and accommodate pedestrians and cyclists
- Extensive hard and soft landscaping, sustainable drainage system and habitat creation.
The project will improve access into the city centre and between key employment areas, laying the foundations for growth and enhancing Truro’s attractiveness as a business location.
Cornwall Council - Truro Eastern Park and Ride